Friday, October 30, 2009

Post Promos update

Okay. Promos.

Let's start on a positive note. I think I have finally proven to myself that I can do economics (and that I need not downgrade to H1). B for econs is pretty good, considering that I did get close to an S the previous round (and throughout the whole year).

Anyway, for the rest of the subjects, pretty disappointed... My results really don't reflect the work that I put in. Then again, I might not have been working hard enough. Either that, or i'm just plain stupid. Not going to discuss them here.

On a positive note again, I think i've learnt many lessons from this round of examinations: One, that I have the resolve to sit down and study. Two, that revision scheduling is important. I realised that I started too late on math and too early for bio, and that might have led to my dismal grades. Three, balancing revision with an adequate amount of sleep is important, because it allows you to maximise your learning. I admit that I really didn't sleep a lot while revising, so a lot of what I tried to remember sort of evaporated rather rapidly.

And, as cliched and hackneyed as it may sound, if you don't succeed, try and try again. I think it's all about putting in effort and hard work. Of course, there's no point trying the same methods of studying, so I will try more efficient and efficacious methods of studying for CT1 next year.

Anyway, enough talk of academics. I'm really happy that I managed to participate in IHC (especially tennis), because in RI I would probably have ignored such an opportunity. Although HH mighte be last in the house rankings this year, I'm glad that I managed to help the house gain some of its points. Ultimately, it was all about having fun, and I had a smashing time (including fighting valorously for 1 point for IHC waterpolo hahaha) :)

For now, there are many things to look forward to. Firstly, completing the PW cycle and never having to touch a single 'PW thing' for the rest of my life. Secondly, class outing to east coast this coming thursday. I think we may be cycling to Changi Village for dinner, and that should be really, really fun! December will be fun. Going to Hokkaido for a skiing trip, and probably some really good japanese food.

On other school matters, I'm getting really accustomed to my class. I know so many people better, and can talk to more people without feeling awkward. 3G is a class which knows how to play hard, but also work hard when it matters (as evidenced by our stellar promo results), and I think that is very admirable. :)

That's enough for this post. Blog soon.

No comments: