Thursday, January 7, 2010

This is a rant.

I'm so frustrated.

I haven't been able to do all the things I set myself out to do this holiday, but yet I know that I wouldn't have been able to anyway. I can't stand studying for hours on end, especially since 95% of the things you learn in JC will be useless when you start working! Society should get children to work starting from 10 so that they don't waste valuable, productive years of a person's life.

My family education fails. There's always some sort of commotion in the family everyday without fail. It's either my parents quarrelling with each other (sometimes even over the smallest of matters, i.e. the definitition of 'paying in advance', I mean seriously?), or lecturing my sister over her academics, or nagging at the maid for not doing her chores, or nagging at me... the list goes on. Everything is enforced through shouting/verbal abuse.

How do they expect me to grow up to be a successful, intelligent and courteous person, let alone enjoy my childhood, if they continue sending me these messages of anger and authoritarianism?


Honestly, I can't wait to go to the chalet. I need to be free from my family, from my parents, and from my work and duties. I need to let my mind go blank and just have fun, even if it is only for a day.

No comments: