Entry for August!
ok where to start.
The past few weeks have been hell. (then again hell is quite relative - for some people, hell may be no more than routine)
On average I have been sleeping at 1.30 am (then again who doesn't nowadays...), and the effects of the late nights have been taking a toll on my health. I wake up everyday feeling lethargic and heaty, and I don't absorb anything during lectures. An indication of my fatigue - the other friday, after visiting labrador park for an interview for PW, I fell asleep from 6 pm to 8 am the next morning. And then I slept at 10 pm last night (considered super early btw), and woke up at 9 am this morning.
National Day parade for RJ was over yesterday - it was good, but I heard a major event that the councillors had been planning was cancelled (due to time constraints, though I doubt many students would have cared much even if the parade was extended). Anyway a lot of people went crazy yesterday during the band performance and a teacher had to disperse the crowd in front of the stage - and this was probably because (in my opinion) people were letting out their pent up stress from days of chionging pw WR. The other performances were amazing, too - I think RJ really has a lot of talented people - but then again that makes me sad because I'm probably one of the least talented people in school, relative to my schoolmates.
Overall, JC life has treated me well. I'm quite happy about my CT results (based on the fact that I only studied 1 week for them), but I think I could definitely improve econs. Anyway, a lot of people in JC have changed (for both the better and the worse), understandably, because of the new environment, and the introduction of the doubleX chromosome into our populace. However, I can't help but feel a little left out sometimes - I'm not the sort of person who would flirt or camwhore... or discuss celebrities... or gossip... so generally I don't really mix well with my class albeit for some individuals. But still, I love my class because it's a breath of fresh air from last year.
Personally, I think i've changed in the sense that I used to believe that hardwork was not really necessary for exams - just brains, but now I believe hardwork is a necessity to scoring well. This paradigm shift was catalysed by the fact that the former concept did not serve me well in Secondary School. This is JC though, and I have 2 more years to make amendments.
On another note, I have a 'long' 4 day break ahead of me b/c of National Day celebrations, so that means more tennis/mugging/slacking/sleeping time.
Respiration tutorial awaits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment