Sunday, January 16, 2011

Intensive exercise... =/

I'm damn lazy.  Haven't been exercising for a long while - partly because i've been ill, but also partly because I haven't been able to summon up the motivation to wake up at 6 to exercise before work.

So anyway, I decided today it was time to change things.  Got up to exercise with my family this morning around 7 at mount faber and went running.  Not sure how far I ran, but it was about a 12 min continuous sprint I reckon...?  The road there isn't that friendly on the legs and knees.  It can be pretty challenging to control your pace on some of the downhill roads there.  Plus, it doesn't help that the road's made of tarmac, unlike the school track. Tarmac reflects the impact back to your knees, so it definitely will be harmful in the long run if I keep running there.  Oh well at least I got some pretty good exercise!

Went for tennis in the afternoon after running in the morning. hehe beat my coach.  No serving though, just groundstrokes. First to reach 21 points.  I think i'm still pretty consistent on my groundstrokes even though I haven't been training/playing that often.  Need to improve on volleys and smashes though =/

After all that exercise I was really tired... so I slept from 4 to around 8 ><  The sleep was good, but I'm seriously worried about my sleep cycle now and how i'm going to get to sleep by 11+ in order to be fresh for work tmr.

Hope I get the chance to run tomorrow after work.. need to train up for NS.  Haven't done pullups for like.. a month? So the pullup count is probably pathetically low now.  Also need to work on abs by doing more sit-ups..  And I need to condition myself to tailbone pain, which apparently is a big problem in NS because you have to do exercises which always involve putting pressure on it (i.e. crunches & the random helicopter exercise)

-

I bought I nice lime-green/yellow diary today. Going to use it in the army/ for 2011 in general.  It's really small so it fits in your pocket nicely!  I'm going to jot down random thoughts/brainwaves that I get on long bus/mrt rides in it.  Who knows... some of these thoughts may be worth taking note of.  Besides, it'll be interesting to see my own thought processes from day to day.

-

Kinda worried about my uncle.  He was hospitalised in ICU 3 weeks ago for sepsis and has been under sedation for most part of his stay.  Someone told me that Malaysian govt hospitals treat their patients as appallingly as those in India, and that their private hospitals are almost as bad as public hospitals in say.. China.  I certainly hope he'll recover, but apparently the prognosis for patients with meliodosis-induced sepsis is not v good...  No worrying symptoms of further organ failure so far, though. Kidneys are still functioning fine, which may signify that he still has a fighting chance.

-

I really wish I had gotten a chance to speak to you in person.  Then this aura of mystery that surrounds you would probably have been dispelled and I might also now be able to forget you more easily.  But no, I had to kill my chances.  If I ever get to speak to you, I just want to say that i'm sorry. I was crazy.  I really regret everything I did.

-

More soon. Hope I can get to sleep tonight.

No comments: