Okay it's been kinda long since my last entry... and the reason for that is because i've been caught up in the endless cycle of work -> return home tired -> do random stuff to waste the evening (without posting) -> sleep -> rinse and repeat
But anyway, work just ended about a day ago, which explains why i'm posting now!
Work at RH was really nice to begin with, but I guess as time passed the monotony eventually set in. The majority of the staff there are really really nice people, but there are others who are not so. Overall I kinda enjoyed the experience, although I feel that one month's work there is probably more than enough. I think I would advise those looking for an engaging and interesting medical attachment to look elsewhere - doctor shadowing would probably be more appropriate... That being said, from my stint there, I've made my fair share of friends + contacts who I may need to bank upon in the future...
Special mention goes out to Bev, for being so nice and accomodating (and DEMURE), Elvera, for bringing me for nice lunches and being so eccentric/funny, Vanessa, for being a fellow indie freak, and Melissa/Razidah, for always lending a helping hand whenever necessary! Now that I think about it, most people at RH deserve a mention in one way or another, since they were really nice in their own special way.
-
I realise that one other reason why I haven't been posting that often is because I injured my right arm during tennis about 2/3 weeks back, and thus have been unable to type rapidly. I recall that it was rather windy that night - I was playing tennis with a few working age adults prior to meeting samuel for tennis, and one of the players hit a near winner to my forehand. Being largely a counterpuncher/retriever, I tried to get the ball back in play, but because of the wind and the poor light, I misjudged the flight of the ball and essentially ended up falling off the court while running at full speed. The fact that the court was elevated probably didn't help much... I skid about 20-30 cm as I put my right arm out to break the fall, and got a pretty nasty and deep abrasion on my forearm and elbow!
Anyway, I've been going for redressings at my workplace/Eastshore hospital, and the doctor finally said that the wound is drying up and that I can do my own dressings at home! (after spending a ton of money)
My only hope is that the skin will fully heal by the time NS starts...
-
Speaking of NS, I recently visited a friend who was hospitalised after having a fever of 39 degs in the army for 3 weeks (!!) The doctors suspect meliodosis (or soil disease) induced pneumonia, but they're still running blood tests atm.. He's been missing from his ippt for about 2 weeks already, so I really hope he doesn't have to recourse... And I really hope he gets better soon. They say he has to undergo another 2 weeks of continuous antibiotic drips..
NS is coming up soon for me. I'm enlisting on the 8th of feb, a tuesday immediately after the CNY break.
-
Other than working, I've actually found time to attend a weekend concert. iirc, it was last weekend! The concert's called Laneway (its full name is actually St. Jerome's Laneway Festival or wtv long-winded name that I can't really be bothered to google/recall). The concert was for indie bands - in fact, my sister suggested that we go for it to catch two really good indie bands - Foals and The Temper Trap.
The concert would actually have been massively enjoyable... if it hadn't been ****ing raining the whole damn time!! Even more annoyingly, the rain clouds would appear during band performances, mysteriously disappear during the changeovers, and then reappear with a vengeance during the next band's performance. But for all the rain, the mud, the crazy angmohs who got drunk, and the really long wait(s) for better bands to appear, the last few bands were undeniably pretty damn awesome. Foals were probably below their best (due to audio/technical issues), but Yeasayer was good, and The Temper Trap were totally awesome!!! Love lost sounds really good live actually, unlike in the CD, where I find that the opening to the song lacks the kick it has when performed live. Of course, they also played sweet disposition, which was swwweeeeetttt.
I don't think my sister really enjoyed it though... I think she was looking forward to Foals, but I think they didn't perform up to her standards haha >_> She was really hungry too, because we didn't pack enough food to the concert. I was really hungry too after standing in the rain for about 6 hours! Anyway, we dabaoed Macs home after the concert from the Kallang Macdonalds. It was about 3 am by the time we got home, ate, and cleaned up and I was super duper tired.. But it was one hell of a night, and one memory that I will recall fondly in years to come.
I might attend the next Laneway, but I'll probably have to scan the weather reports more thoroughly before purchasing tickets next time...
-
Visited school today, since I've been missing RJ quite a bit, and also because I don't have to work anymore. The J1s were having their last day of orientation - O'Nite just ended iirc, and tomorrow will be take5. I was met with so many new faces... but they all looked so foreign. I just didn't feel a part of the school anymore :( (which kinda makes sense since I've already graduated)
I guess this signals that I should be moving on to the next phase of my life... 2 years in NS awaits. I'm going to go in with an open mind and hopefully be able to take any shit that my superiors dole out...
-
Don't really know why, but for the last month or so i've constantly felt empty and aimless.. Can't seem to pick up my spirits or feel happy much nowadays. I don't know whether it's not being able to attend school and lead the school routine, or the lack of mental activity, or whether I'm missing you. Somehow, you're always on my mind... Honestly, how long can infatuation last? ><
Got a lot of my chest now.. I desperately need someone to confess in, but I don't trust anybody, and that's the problem. Hopefully Monday will bring some reprieve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment